Sunday, June 13, 2010


Our local store had flats of eggs last week and a sign 10 for $1.00. That is the usual price for eggs so I pick up 10. Steve says don't you want a dozen? So I put in 2 more. When I was checking out(Steve was taking bags down to the car) the young man counted them and told me I could buy 10 or 20 but it had to be in multiples of 10. I couldn't believe it just put 20 cents more on my bill....nope . So I gave him back 2 eggs and all was fine. So this week there are the eggs 10 for $1.00, I looked at Steve and said don't even try it just get 10.

2 comments:

  1. Bob and I had a good laugh at this! We would sometimes go to the market and buy a hunk of meat and it would cost something like $5.20. So I'd give them $6. Well, they didn't have change (of course, they did but didn't want to part with it.) I didn't have the exact change either, but wanted the meat. So why not either just forget about the .20 (and add it to the next time I come) or cut off a 20 cent hunk of meat. But no! So I'd leave without meat and they wouldn't have a sale. I could never figure that out. The joys of shopping in another country. But it makes for interesting blog posts. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where on earth did you go? Was it Tias? First time I have heard of that around here :) Oh, and you have a small package here at our house

    ReplyDelete