Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Pondering this



In my house here in Shell Ecuador I have 4 Bibles of my own ...I have2 small streamlines one in Spanish and another in English I have a big heavy Bible with "helps", and I have my new one a bilingual Bible.
I went on an adventure on Saturday.. I didn't really want to go..lots of excuses.
But I try to experience all I can while we are here so...Steve and I with lots of other missionaries( 3 planes full) went to Makuma, Ecuador about a 1/2 hour flight. We went to be a part of a dedication of a Bible that had been years in the making , 50 or more. This Bible was translated by many hard workers, and now was printed and complete, in the Shuar language. A once only spoken language.

So I showered, powdered , dressed , sunscreened, and sprayed all over in bug spray...

We flew with MAF/ Alas de Socorro
.
our plane held Fred ,the pilot , Steve , Desi , myself , Janet and Elijah.
It was a little overcast.
We followed the Pastaza river and went around the saddleback to Makuma



.
The dedication was in Spansh and Shuar but the emotions were understandable.

They fed everyone a grand lunch , fish with cabbage wrapped in a leaf , soup , rice and meat

.
The community reminded me of the Cranberry Islands , small village , school , church , no cars (and a ferry off) or airplane out

.
Waiting for the next plane..
.


You can read about this community and it's history in Frank and Marie Drown's book Mission to theHeadhunters

No comments:

Post a Comment